Thursday, May 17, 2018

Cat in a Box Surprise Slider Card

What it is about boxes that cats love so much? As a dog person, I don't get it, but I have a friend, whose cat spends hours exploring, sitting in, and sleeping in boxes. So I thought I would create this surprise slider card for him, because what guy doesn't like an interactive card honoring his cat?


The adorable kitty looking innocently up with wide eyes comes from the Katzelkraft Cats Stamp Set. I Copic colored him like my friend's cat and fussy cut him out. Then for the box I used a Neat & Tangled Box Die and folded it up to form the open topped box that the kitty could sit in.


To create the slider mechanism, I used an X-Acto blade and just cut a slit in the back side of the box as well as on the card front that was about 1.25" long and .25" wide (wide enough to fit a foam dot). I wasn't too worried about the cleanness of the slit because the cat covers the whole area. Then in order from front to back here are the pieces: (a) box front; (b) kitty; (c) foam dot connecting kitty through the slit to the slider pull; (d) box back (with slit); (e) card front (with slit); slider pull with fun foam sheets on either side to support the card front with space for the slider pull to easily slide up and down; and card base.


For the sentiment, I used the Neat & Tangled Out of the Box Stamp Set to heat emboss "Just popping up to say..." and I used an old Whimsy Speech Bubble Border Die to make it appear as though the cat was saying that phrase. Then on the inside of the card I simply stamped "Hello!" So this card can be sent any time for any occasion.


Thanks for joining me today on the Topflight Blog. If you'd like to know more about the products I used or watch a tutorial video for creating this card, please check out my blog post HERE.

1 comment:

01 09 10