Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Floral Background - IndigoBlu

Hi Everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog - it's Jenny here, and I'm joining you today to show you a really simple but versatile way to use one stamp to create a patterned background.


The stamp I'm using today is the IndigoBlu Collector's Edition No.8 Floral Bouquet.  It's a small stamp with lots of great detail, perfect for heat embossing or repeat stamping to create a pattern. 


To create the card, I used a 5 x 6" panel of coldpress watercolor paper.  I mounted the stamp onto an acrylic block and stamped it multiple times in embossing ink, turning the stamp each time to get a random pattern.  I heat embossed after each stamping using WOW! White Pearl embossing powder.   


Once I was happy with the pattern, I adhered the panel down to a board with masking tape and spritzed liberally with water.  I then added dark blue, light blue, and deep pink/purple paint (I used Peerless Watercolors) randomly over the panel, letting it blend together.  I let it dry naturally.  When dry I spritzed with shimmer spray and then die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die.  


I adhered it to a white card base with foam tape and added my sentiment.  The hugs is die cut several times and stacked together.  The & Kisses is taken from this set (Lovely Lilies) by Hunkydory Crafts/For the Love of Stamps which was selectively stamped in embossing ink on black cardstock and heat embossed in white, then popped up on foam tape.   I added a few Nuvo Jewel Drops as a finishing touch. 

That's it!  I hope you enjoyed - you can find a full list of supplies over on my blog

Jenny 



1 comment:

01 09 10