Thursday, May 24, 2018

I'm Late! I'm Late! Belated Birthday Card

Hello Topflight fans! Today I'm sharing a belated birthday card that I've made using the adorable white rabbit from the Carabelle Studio "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and the Katzelkraft Torn Paper stamp sets.


I thought that perpetually late white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland was the perfect character for a belated birthday card. And since the stamp depicts only half of the rabbit, having him pop out of the magical Alice in Wonderland world through the torn paper stamp hole would be a fun way of adding a colorful scene.


I Copic colored the hole using colors reminiscent of the Cheshire Cat and Alice's blue dress. I also colored up the white rabbit and fussy cut him out so that he could be inserted into the lower part of the hole where I used an X-Acto blade to cut along one of the torn paper curls. Popping up the rabbit and that base torn paper curl with foam dots added interest and a bit of dimension.


I hand wrote the sentiment, "I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!" with an ultrafine sharpie marker in teal and added a super fine shadow to the letters with a Copic multiliner pen in 0.05 pt.




Thanks so much for joining me to today! If you're interested in more details about the products I used or a video of the whole process, please check out my blog post HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10