Thursday, May 10, 2018

Monsters Rule!

Hello Topflight fans! CraftyPaws here today to share some whimsical CAS monster cards with ya'll. I silly monsters from the Katzelkraft "Les Monstres des Carpates" are so quirky that little else is needed to craft some super fun cards.


I featured three of the monsters from the stamp set to create three single layer cards. I stamped one monster on each card front and then created masks for each of them so that I could temporarily cover them and lightly blend on a bubbly background using some Tim Holtz Distress Inks and a Dylusions "Quote Bubbles" stencil to add a little visual texture and color. The Claritystamp Stencil Brushes made getting a soft blended patterned look easy.

The first card is an anytime card. I used the stamps from the Concord & 9th "Sophisticated Script" stamp set to stamp out "monster" and then hand wrote "hugs" in a simple bubbly font. I Copic colored this monster in saturated red, blue and golds and then blended on some Squeezed Lemonade and Spun Sugar background bubbles. I added a textured pink bubbly paper strip on the right side of the card as a finishing touch.

The second card is a birthday card. I used a sentiment from the Inkadinkado "Kids Quotes" sentiment stamp set with black and red ink. Then I Copic colored the monster in red, orange and yellow. The bubble background was made with Squeezed Lemonade, and this time I used a red, white and black plaid strip from my scrap box for added interest.

The last card is a feel better or uplifting card. I used another sentiment from the Inkadinkado "Kids Quotes" sentiment stamp set with black and orange ink. I Copic colored the monster in blue and orange, and I used Spiced Marigold Distress Ink for the bubbly background. I dug into my scrap box again and found a cute yellow and black polka dot patterned paper for the decorative strip.


I hope you enjoyed these fun and fast cards. I certainly had fun crafting them! If you'd like to see more details or a video share of these cards, please check out my blog post HERE.


2 comments:

01 09 10