Monday, February 25, 2019

Carabelle Studio Texture Plates with No-Line Watercolor


Hi everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!  It's Jenny here, and today I am doing something a little different - I'm using a texture plate from Carabelle Studio with my Gel Press to create a lacy mixed media style background.  I paired it with IndigoBlu florals for a little bit of no line watercoloring.  I'm using the Lovely Lace Texture Plate today. 


To create my card, I first coated my Gel Press with Paperartsy acrylic paint in Wisteria and Amethyst (keeping one on the top and one on the bottom and blending them together) using a brayer.  I then inked up the texture plate with dark purple dye ink (I used Grape Crush by Catherine Pooler Designs) and pushed the texture plate into the gel press.  I then laid over some copy paper and lifted the print.


I trimmed down the print and backed it onto white cardstock and added it to a white note card with a thin strip of gold mirror cardstock. I also flicked some gold shimmer spray onto the background.

I stamped the three florals from the gorgeous IndioBlu Nature III set in Seedless Preserves Distress Ink onto hot press watercolor cardstock and then coloured them with my Umiko watercolors


I trimmed them out and went back round the edges with Seedless Preserves with an ink blending tool. I popped them up on foam tape onto my card.


The sentiment is also from same Nature III set which I stamped on vellum and heat embossed in white and then adhered it to the card.  To finish I added some Fairy Wings Dream Drops and purple sequins.

You can see more detail on the supplies I used over on my blog.  Have a wonderful week everyone!



1 comment:

01 09 10