Monday, February 11, 2019

Topflight Stamps | AALL & Create | Black Watercolor Valentine's Card

Hi Everyone, welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog.   It's Jenny here, and today I have a project featuring an 'alternative' style valentine's card, featuring the Blooming Heart stampset by AALL & Create.  



It's a 'real' heart, with sketched blooms.


I wanted to keep this card simple, so I stamped the main image from the set in embossing ink and heat embossed in WOW! Primary Ebony embossing powder onto white watercolor cardstock. I then used my Boku-Undo E-Sumi watercolors (they're all different shades of black) to watercolor the image.  I also added lots of splatters for good measure!


The sentiment is also from the set, and I heat embossed it in white embossing powder on black cardstock, and trimmed it out.  I popped it up on foam tape and stamped the 'With Love' directly onto the card base in black ink.


As a finishing touch I added some touches of white gel pen for shading.

I know it's a little gory but also a bit different - not for everyone, but definitely fun !

3 comments:

  1. Really love this! The subdued colours are perfect. What a unique stamp design.
    It has struck a chord with me as my husband is about to undergo major heart surgery on Valentines day.
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10