Monday, February 4, 2019

Paper Rose Studio | Metallic Watercoloring on Dark Cardstock

Hi everyone, and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!  



It's Jenny here, and today I have a card to show you which I created using a beautiful Large Mandala stamp from Australian company Paper Rose Studio. 


They also make the Layered Hello dies I used, and they had a  booth at Creativation with lots of sneaky peaks of new stuff - I'm excited for their 2019 releases!


I created a video of the cardmaking process which you can check out here.


To create my card, I first heat embossed the Paper Rose Large Mandala in platinum embossing powder on  6"x 6" dark grey cardstock.


I then painted the image using Finetec watercolors.  If you are sparing with water, you can use them on thick non-watercolor cardstock with no warping! They show up beautifully.  When dry, I diecut the image with a square stitched rectangle die.


I used the Paper Rose Studio Layered Hello to diecut the hello from the watercolored piece (save the pieces!). I die cut it 4 more times from the dark grey cardstock, which Iayered together with the watercolored piece.  I adhered the watercolored panel to a grey cardbase (8.5" x 4.25" scored at 4.25") and then popped the saved pieces and the stacked hello into the spaces.  Super effective and so pretty in real life!


1 comment:

01 09 10