Friday, August 9, 2024

Crafting a Colorful, Sparkling Dream

 

Hello friends! Ericka from Strangely Creative here, and today I’m excited to share a quick and colorful card that’s sure to bring a little sparkle to your day. I’ve been having a blast experimenting with some fun supplies, and I couldn’t wait to show you the magical result!

 

It all started with a play session featuring the Lavinia Mystical Mist Sprays in Golden Temple, Kingfisher, and Purple Orchid. These sprays are nothing short of enchanting. As they dance across the paper, they leave behind a shimmering trail of color that catches the light just right. The blend of golden hues, deep blues, and vibrant purples creates a dreamy, mystical background that instantly draws you in.


Once my background was dry, I decided to add a little texture and dimension. I reached for the PaperArtsy Kate Crane PS430 stencil, which has a wonderfully whimsical design that I knew would pair perfectly with the sparkling mist sprays. Using embossing paste, I carefully applied the stencil to the background. Before the paste dried, I sprinkled on some WOW! Mai Tai Embossing Powder, which added a pop of vibrant, tropical color.


After letting everything dry completely, I brought out my trusty heat tool. As the embossing powder melted, it transformed the raised pattern into a gorgeous, textured background that’s full of sparkle and shine. The contrast between the smooth misted areas and the raised, glittering design is simply mesmerizing!

To complete the card, I chose a fun sentiment from the AALL & Create Sharp Tongues Ephemera set. The playful words were the perfect finishing touch, adding a dash of personality and flair to the card. The combination of sparkling colors, textured details, and a cheeky sentiment created a card that’s both unique and full of life.

 

I absolutely love how this project turned out, and I hope it inspires you to try something new in your own crafting adventures. Thank you so much for stopping by today. Wishing you a weekend filled with creativity and a little extra sparkle!


Topflight Stamps Supplies


PaperArtsy - Kate Crane PS430
PaperArtsy - Kate Crane PS430
Shop at:
TP
WOW! Embossing - Tracy Scott Mia Tai
WOW! Embossing - Tracy Scott Mai Tai
Shop at:
TP
AALL & Create - Sharp Tongues Black
AALL & Create - Sharp Tongues Black
Shop at:
TP
3-D Foam Tape
3-D Foam Tape
Shop at:
 TP
Double Sided Tape
Double Sided Tape
Shop at:
TP
Lavinia - Mystical Mist Spray - Purple Orchid
Lavinia - Mystical Mist Spray - Purple Orchid
Shop at:
TP
Lavinia - Mystical Mist Spray - Kingfisher
Lavinia - Mystical Mist Spray - Kingfisher
Shop at:
TP
Lavinia - Mystical Mist Spray - Golden Temple
Lavinia - Mystical Mist Spray - Golden Temple
Shop at:
TP




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10