Friday, August 16, 2024

Lavinia Summer Hummingbird


Hello crafty friends! Ericka from Strangely Creative here, and I’m thrilled to share my latest summery card project with you all. As the sun shines brighter and the days grow longer, there’s no better time to dive into our Lavinia supplies and let the magic of summer inspire our creations.

 


For this card, I started with a vibrant background that captures the essence of a warm summer day. Using Lavinia Elements inks in Blue Lagoon and Merlot, I spread the colors on my gel press with a brayer, blending them together to create a rich, textured canvas. The blend of these hues reminds me of a summer sky at dusk, just as the sun dips below the horizon, leaving a trail of deep blues and purples.

Once I lifted the print, I knew I had the perfect base for a whimsical scene. I stamped the delicate Lavinia Hummingbird and the elegant Divine 1 flower using Versafine Clair in Medieval Blue. The intricate details of these stamps really pop against the textured background, creating a harmonious balance between the bold colors and the intricate designs.

To add a touch of elegance and shimmer, I highlighted the hummingbird with subtle strokes of gold. I also decided to frame the scene with a hand-drawn border using a Spectrum Noir pen. To finish off, I spritzed the card lightly to lift some ink, creating soft areas of light and shadow. For a final touch of summer magic, I sprayed the card with Lavinia Golden Temple Mystical Mist. This adds a delicate shimmer that catches the light, making the whole piece glow with a mystical aura.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope this card brings a bit of summer warmth to your day and inspires you to create something magical this weekend. Until next time, happy crafting!


Topflight Stamps Supplies


Lavinia - Flower Divine 1
Lavinia - Flower Divine 1
Shop at:
TP
Lavinia - Heartfelt Verses
Lavinia - Heartfelt Verses
Shop at:
TP
Lavinia - Hummingbird Large
Lavinia - Hummingbird Large
Shop at:
TP
Double Sided Tape
Double Sided Tape
Shop at:
TP
Lavinia - Elements Dye Ink - Blue Lagoon
Lavinia - Elements Dye Ink - Blue Lagoon
Shop at:
TP
Lavinia - Elements Dye Ink - Merlot
Lavinia - Elements Dye Ink - Merlot
Shop at:
TP
Tsukineko - Versafine Clair - Medievil Blue
Tsukineko - Versafine Clair - Medieval Blue
Shop at:
TP
Lavinia - Mystical Mist Spray - Golden Temple
Lavinia - Mystical Mist Spray - Golden Temple
Shop at:
TP
Spectrum Noir Christmas Embellishment Pen Set
Spectrum Noir Christmas Embellishment Pen Set
Shop at:
 TP


Gel Press - Reusable Gel Printing Plate
Gel Press - Reusable Gel Printing Plate
Shop at:
 TP
Speedball - 2
Speedball - 2" Brayer
Shop at:
TP

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful hummingbird card Ericka. I love the colors and the touch of gold lines.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10