Friday, August 30, 2024

Watercolor Magic: Creating a Floral Card with Gold Accents

 


Hello, crafty friends! It’s Ericka from Strangely Creative, and I’m excited to share a special project with you today. I’ve been playing with the Creative Expression Jane's Doodles Tulips & Crocus stamp set to create a beautiful watercolor card for a friend. This set is absolutely stunning, and I love that it includes delicate butterflies and busy bees, adding a touch of nature’s charm to any project.

To start, I stamped the images and sentiment using Nocturn VersaFine Clair ink and then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. This technique gives the lines a crisp, raised finish, perfect for watercoloring. Next, I reached for my Spectrum Noir Botanical Watercolor Markers, which make blending colors a breeze. The vibrant hues really bring these flowers to life, and the smooth blending allows for that soft, natural look.

Once the background was completely dry, I wanted to frame the image in a way that would make it pop even more. I used the Spectrum Noir Gold pen to hand-draw a simple frame around the card. This touch of gold not only adds elegance but also subtly directs the eye towards the focal point. For a little extra shimmer, I added some gold splatters across the card, creating a whimsical effect. Finally, I highlighted the flowers with a white gel pen, adding dimension and a touch of light to the blooms.


This card was so much fun to create, and I’m thrilled with how it turned out. Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you have a fantastic Labor Day weekend! Don’t forget to check out the sale going on right now—happy crafting!

Topflight Stamps Supplies 


Creative Expression - Jane's Doodles - Tulips & Crocus
Creative Expression - Jane's Doodles - Tulips & Crocus
Shop at:
TP
WOW! Embossing - Clear
WOW! Embossing - Clear
Shop at: TP
Double Sided Tape
Double Sided Tape
Shop at:
TP
Tsukineko - VersaFine Clair - Nocturn
Tsukineko - VersaFine Clair - Nocturn
Shop at:
TP
Spectrum Noir - Colorista Watercolour Markers - Botanical
Spectrum Noir - Colorista Watercolour Markers - Botanical
Shop at:
TP

Spectrum Noir Christmas Embellishment Pen Set
Spectrum Noir Christmas Embellishment Pen Set
Shop at:
AZ | TP


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ericka. I love your card. The colors are so bright and happy. I love Jane's Doodles stamps. I am so happy she could keep her business going through Creative Expressions.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10