Monday, November 6, 2023

Special Christmas PJs

Hi. MEL PILLING here today with a snazzy polar bear skating in his special Christmas PJs. Featuring a Christmas stamp set by the wonderful Pink Ink Designs




I stamped the bear on Bristol card, and then again on pattern paper.  I sketched PJ’s on the bear on the pattern paper. I cut out my sketched PJs from the fancy paper, then glued the PJs to the other bear. I did the same for the skates and hat, and shaded the bear, and the PJs with watercolour markers.

I used a paper hill mask and a Blender Brush  upwards to shadow the hills in Elements Ink  in Della Blue  and  Dark Denim .   For the ice and rocks, I used Graphite.  I did skate lines on the ice with a white gel pen.  The trees were stamped with Distress Ink in Mowed Lawn and Chipped Sapphire, which I moved  with a slightly damp paintbrush.  The Christmas balls were done with Stickles.  I then added snowflake stamps, and sketched a fire. I stamped the bear on the background, then glued the PJ bear on top.  This way, all the fine details will still show . 
I love this paper doll technique, which adds such whimsy to animal stamps.  Please give it a try. It will take you back to your childhood.

PINK INK DESIGNS STAMPS USED


Thanks for joining me today on the Topflight Stamps blog.  Happy Crafting!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10