Monday, July 17, 2023

Create and Inspire card

Hi Mel Pilling  here this week with a (new to me) technique that I want to share with you. The star of this card is the handsome Sebastian by Lavinia Stamps.

 

,


,


For this bubble background, I put 1 tablespoon of blue acrylic paint , 1 tablespoon of dish soap, and 1 tablespoon of water in a short glass and stirred.   Then using a straw,  I gently blew bubbles till they rose above the glass rim. Then used a kitchen spatula to scoop the bubbles and place them gently on some Bristol card stock. (You can use any  card that will hold water).  I then allowed the bubbles to settle and completely dry on their own. It doesn’t take long. 

Once dry, I stamped Sebastian in Versafine Clair ink in  Nocturne and then darkened his spine a little with a matching blue marker. Then I added holographic glitter for sparkle.


STAMPS USED









While my bubbles were still good, I made quite a few backgrounds.  This way they’re going to be ready to just grab and create with at anytime.  So fun!!  I hope you give it. a try. I had to practice a couple of times before they came out nicely.  I am so glad I did.


Thanks so much for dropping by the Topflight Stamps blog today 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10