Monday, July 31, 2023

Life on the Farm

Hi MEL PILLING  here today with a farm scene I built to insert into my art studio cabinet doors, featuring KATZELKRAFT STAMPS, and a few LAVINIA STAMPS .  I recently bought a camper which my husband  magically turned into a portable art space. Putting my own mark on it fills me with joy. My happy space. 


.



I began by using a Stencil brush  to do the landscape area. I used Elements Ink. The sky was done in Della Blue and Sundance .  Then using torn paper masks, and brushing downwards, I did hills in Sundance , Pine , Lime Punch , Olive and Sahara.   The mountains were done in Mulberry and Merlot.

All the farm animals were stamped on clean Bristol card and coloured with watercolour markers, then cut out.  I didn’t cut out any of the fine details just the main bodies.  The characters were also stamped on the background in Versafine Clair Ink in Nocturne (except the one lamb on the left).  That sheep,  I just glued the body on and drew in the legs.  This way I could have him leaping through the air.   The initial stamping on the project provides all the details you didn’t cut out.  I hand drew the barn on Bristol card, as I don’t have a barn stamp yet. Then cut it out and glued onto project. The Lavinia trees were all done in Nocturne.

Then I shadowed all the characters, the barn and the trees with watercolour markers in greens and greys.  I then used liquid pearls to dot in some flower details. 

KATZELKRAFT STAMPS USED.








LAVINIA STAMPS USED













Though this farm scene took me all day, I had so much fun sitting in my new art space, creating some art for the cupboards.  I do hope you like it.
 

Thanks so much for joining me today on the Topflight Stamps blog. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10