Monday, July 3, 2023

You are courageous!!

Hi Mel Pilling here today with an art journal page.  This week, the Topflight Stamps design team are showcasing stars.


.


Using a torn paper mask and a Stencil brush   I put in the night sky with Elements ink  in Blue Lagoon  then darkened the edges slightly with Dark Denim .  I placed a moon mask prior to stencilling this background, and I edged around the moon mask with Confetti.   Once this was completely dry, I deepened the sky tones with Pan pastels in rich blues and pink.

For the snowy hills, I brushed upwards over a torn paper hill mask lightly with a stencil brush using Blue Lagoon.

I stamped the wolves using a multi stamping process on a stamping platform.  Beginning with Versafine Clair ink  in Morning Mist and then around the edges in Nocturne. Then low lighted them with a grey water colour marker.  The stag was multi stamped also, in Acorn and Pinecone.  I  Low-lighted him with a black pen.

I then stamped the trees with Nocturne.  I highlighted all the characters and trees, with  gold  and  white gel pens. I added, a bit of glitter here and there for sparkle.

I then stamped the Lavinia North star in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I embossed it with opaque snow embossing powder, then added the sentiment.

LAVINIA STAMPS USED








,








'




Mini Seed Head


DARKROOM DOOR STAMP USED






I chose to do a cool winter scene on this warm summer day,  because I love snow beneath a starry sky.

Thanks for joining me today.  hope you drop in again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10