Happy Monday, friends! It's Walter on the blog with you today and the theme this week is anything goes. I've had the scene in this card kicking around in my head for a while now and I finally decided to get it onto paper. This week I focused on Lavinia Stamps to create some fairy magic.
I applied the masks and began to ink blend my sky. I wanted an evening sunset just before the sky starts to darken. I began with red, moved into orange, and then yellow. I then used a pouncing brush with just a tad of white pigment ink on it and pounced the brush all around the blended colors. This helps to soften the sky and blur any blending lines you might have on your card panel.
The masks were removed and I started coloring the bridge and rocks with alcohol markers. I used four shades of Warm Gray, starting with the darkest and moving to the lightest, to color them. I then extended the rocky area out around the fairies. I used the fine tip end of my warm grey markers, again starting dark and then moving lighter, and placed random dots of color around. I went over the entire dotted area with the lightest shade's brush tip and colored in a circle pattern to blend it all together. I did the same with three shades of brown to create the sandy field area around the rocks.
I created the grassy area with three shades of dark green. I started with the darkest shades fine tip end and made a sweeping motion up from bottom of the card panel to create several lines. Some of the lines were longer than others and that's absolutely fine as it helps to create both a natural look and depth. I then moved onto the next shade and repeated the same motion and then completed it with the same motion and the lightest shade. It's an easy way to create the look of grass if you don't have a stamp to use for it! I used two shades of blue to color the water and then added water lines with a white gel pen.
I used the Lavinia Silversong Willow Left Stamp and Lavinia Silversong Willow Right Stamp along with Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves ink to create the trees along the sides and then colored in the little tree lights with a yellow glitter gel pen. A Lavinia Inspirational Word Sentiment Sticker completed the design and truly captures the magic of the scene!
I'm very happy with this design! It's quite tranquil and gives me a sense of peace. I hope that you enjoy it, too! I'll see you back here next Monday. Until then . . . be well!
Topflight Stamps Products Used:
Lavinia Silversong Willow Left Stamp
Lavinia Silversong Willow Right Stamp
Lavinia Inspirational Word Sentiment Sticker








No comments:
Post a Comment