Monday, April 9, 2018

Three Little Birds - Carabelle Studio Stamps


Welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog.  It's Clare with you today and this week I'm certainly detecting a little sign of spring in the air.  Listening to the birds singing in the morning  inspired me to whip up a project that reminded me of that famous song!



I used stamps from Carabelle Studios, Zorrotte, Heart & Bird along with Birgit Koopsens Scribbled leafs and textured circles



I stamped on some background stamping, using permanent ink, onto some plain white card stock.  Over this I blended a combination of Peacock feathers, Salty Ocean, Broken China & cracked pistachio Distress Oxides over card and then wiped through stencils with a baby wipe to remove some of the ink. I also added in some patches of Hickory Smoke oxides.


Using some white acrylic paint I stencilled on some some circles.  I dried the circles, replaced the stencil and bumped it over to gently add some Wilted Viotlet Distress Ink.


I die cut my card into my desired shape and added some stamping using the scribbled leaves and textured circles set.  I used a watermark ink and heat embossed with white opaque powder.  Using wilted violet again, I edged the individual cards.


You might have noticed that one of my little birds is facing the opposite way!  I stamped the bird onto my Gelli Plate and took a reverse print off of the plate.  I stamped the other birds the normal way, colouring with Neocolour II crayons and coloured pencils.  


I do hope you have enjoyed your visit to the blog today?

Happy Crafting,

Clare.







3 comments:

  1. Stunning work as always, love the colours, I'm going to try mirror stamping on my gelli,thankyou xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to pop on over and take a look, such cheery colours and those leaf and circle stamps of Birgits are one of my fav sets of hers. Great use of the reversing technique and I love the rolodex size!! What a delight to see first thing Monday Morning, you've started my week off a treat. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Creative wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10