Thursday, April 12, 2018

Popping Up to Say Hello Spring!

Hello Topflight fans! It's spring here in Atlanta, GA and I've got spring fever! I've been taking full advantage of the fantastic weather, going for long walks with my sweet pup, Bandito (a Havanese), so I thought I'd make a card to illustrate how excited he gets when we set out for our daily excursions.


To create this interactive scene card, I used the beautiful IndigoBlu Country House Stamp and colored it up with Arteza fineliner pens. I softened the loose sketchy coloring with a water brush. For the interactive feature, I used an X-Acto blade to cut open the right door from the double doors in the image. I inked the edges with a Momento tuxedo black marker so that the white edge of the paper disappeared. I also colored the inside of the door to match the outside of the door.


To represent my Bandito, I colored up one of the pups from the Jessica Lynn Original Shih Tzu stamp set. I fussy cut it out and, again, inked the edges to hide the white edge of the paper. Then I positioned this pup so that it looked like it was coming out of the house, securing the bottom and right sides behind the right door and popping up the head with foam dots on top of the left door. 


To add a springy look, I glued some fun nail art flowers onto the topiaries. For a bit of shine, I also added Ranger glossy accents to the glass in the transom above the doors, the glass in the side lamps, and the eyes and nose of the pup. Lastly the whole card front was popped up on fun foam before being attached to a black card base. The doorway was backed by a bit of vellum to soften the interior of the house.

Thanks for joining me today! If you'd like more details about the products I used or to watch the process of making this card, please visit me at my blog HERE.

1 comment:

01 09 10