Monday, July 10, 2023

Christmas Squeakings!!.

Hi Mel Pilling  here with a large Christmas card, featuring the adorable Hobby Art Stamps Christmas Squeakings.  This week the Topflight Stamps design team are spotlighting Christmas in July.






I began by using a Brayer on a 12 x 12“  Gel press  using Elements Ink in Della Blue then spritzing with water. Then I took a print. I stamped all the piggies on the project directly, as the background was fairly pale. I had to mask off the Guinea pigs as I went because I wanted them close together. For this, I used Masking Paper .  I coloured the critters with watercolour markers, then shaded the piggies underneath . . with watercolour markers.  I added dimensional glue on the eyes and the head band to add a little shine and dimension.

I used a Stencil Brush to darken the corners with some distressed ink in Sapphire to add depth.  Then added white snowflakes with a paint pen. Finally, on went the sentiment that came with the stamp set.  I just love these festive little critters!!

HOBBY ART STAMPS USED




The layering involved here was challenging, but I loved the results. And I kept the masks to use again.  It was definitely worth the effort.

Thanks for joining me today on the Topflight Stamps blog. Hope to see you here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10