Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Christmas in July

Hello crafty friends, Mary Key here and already thinking of Christmas cards, Yes, I already am thinking about cards for Christmas. I decided to make a few Christmas cards using Darkroom Door - Word Block Christmas and also Katzelkraft KTZ197 - Winter Deer Scene along with some VersaFine Clair ink pads, Lavinia Elements ink pads, Lavinia Dinkles and WOW! Embossing Powders.

First card I used Darkroom Door - Word Block Christmas along with WOW! Opaque Bright White embossing powder for the Word Block Christmas and then added some Lavinia Dinkles Burgundy. sprinkled some on my silicone mat and spritz water and added onto my card then heat dry. Added WOW! Silver Snow embossing powder each sides to give a litte sparkle and some texture. To complete my card added white cardstock. It was fun and quick to make, especially when you want to make several cards and in different colors for Christmas.


Next cards used watercolor paper and then used Katzelkraft KTZ197 - Winter Deer Scene with VersaFine Clair Blue Belle ink pad. Stamped my deer scene added clear embossing on top. Then I did some masking on the deer scene and then used Darkroom Door - Word Block Christmas embossed with WOW! Opaque Bright White embossing powder. Then used Lavinia Elements Blue Atoll and just swiped some color onto my silicone mat and spritz some water and put my card onto it, a little heat dry and next color is Lavinia Elements Della Blue, again, swiped some color onto my silicone mat and spritz some water and added my card to it. When dry, I started to use WOW! Seth Apter Weathered Gold embossing powder on the edges, heat dry and added to blue cardstock. I made several others using Lavinia Dinkles Lime Divine with Pine Green and the other card colors Periwinkle and Amethyst, same technique for my cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10