Monday, August 21, 2023

Life is better in flip-flops

 Hi everyone,  MEL PILLING here.  This week the Topflight Stamps design team are highlighting CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS .  So we’re going to the Beach!!




I used Blender Brushes for the sky in gentle circular motions using Distressed Ink in Salty Ocean, and Elements Ink in Blue Lagoon.   I masked off the sky at the horizon from above with paper and washy tape.  I then used a blender brush that already had some mystery browns on it (not sure which ones) and filled in the sandy area to about a third of the card from the bottom.  Then I splattered it with black ink to make grit. 

Then using a paint brush, I painted the water.  For this, I used a valley shaped mask of torn paper at the bottom to mask off some of the shoreline. I painted the water in many blues, some of which mixed together on my mat to make different colours.  I used Distressed Ink in Blueprint Sketch, Sapphire and Prize Ribbon.  I used Elements Ink in Blue LagoonMermaid and Blue Atoll.  Once this was completely dry, I stamped my ladies directly onto the background using Versafine Clair Nocturne .  I then added the waves and highlights with white acrylic paint.

The foam on the waves was done with paint and white liquid pearls.  L l l 7 I added some holographic glitter to the water for shine, and painted in some grass using Elements Ink in Greensleeves, Pine and Olive.  Be sure to shade underneath the wavelets to make it dimensional. 

The bathing suits were stamped onto patterned paper and fussy cut out.  I stamped the girls again on clean card.  I coloured them with pencil crayons, skin and hair only.  Then I glued the patterned bathing suits to the girls, Paper Doll style.  I fussy cut the girls out with their new bathing suits glued on, then glued them onto the background. I just drew in the seagulls.


CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS STAMPS USED 





Using patterned paper to cut out clothing makes everything easier than colouring.  By snipping off the one piece suit bottom on the blue bathing suit, I was able to change the style of the bathing suit on the one girl. I really enjoyed using these creative expression stamps today. I hope you check them out on the Topflight Stamps website.


Thanks for joining me today on the Topflight Stamps blog. Using this paper doll technique takes me back to my childhood. You can even use this technique to put clothing on animals or fairies. It works really well. Hope you give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10