Hi, friends! It's another Monday with Walter on the blog. We're moving into my favorite time of the year - autumn. I know that a lot of people don't want to rush the last few weeks of summer but I'm ready for some much cooler nights & mornings, beautiful colors, and the wonderful smells. That's what inspired my design for this week . . . dreams of autumn! I used two gorgeous stamp sets from the Chou & Flowers My Little Garden release to create it: Bird Cage and Artist Garden.
My thought was to have artist canvas and easel from Artist Garden be the vessel that displays the main image. I started by stamping them onto a 4"x5.25" white cardstock panel. I then took the woman on a swing stamp from Bird Cage and stamped it onto the center of the canvas. With that done, I started to color the image of the woman. I used a combination of markers from my stash to add both the main color and details.
I then used a light yellow gray alcohol marker to add a plain color around the edges of the canvas - using flicks of the brush tip to make uneven marks around it. I then used light shades of red, orange, and yellow to blend a sunset around the woman.
I decided to add some leaves from the Artist Garden set on each side of the swing, stamped them with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink, and added some red highlights to the leaves with an alcohol marker. A small brush and Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink add a light gray/brown hue around the outside of the canvas. I lightly spayed the whole stamped panel with water, let it dry, and then lightly sprayed it with rubbing alcohol to help fade the image a bit and make it look more dreamlike.
The final steps were to create the sentiment strip and faux washi tape strips that I used to embellish the card. For the sentiment strip, I ink smooshed a strip of white cardstock into a mixture of Rusty Hinge Distress Ink & water and dried it. I then stamped the word Dream from Bird Cage with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I stamped two pieces of the faux washi tape with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink, colored them with markers, and fussy cut them. The sentiment and embellishments were then added to the card.
An overall simple card to create and one which could easily be switched to a spring or summer theme. It would be fun to do that and have the same design, with different color schemes for those seasons, to send to someone special over the course of the year!
Thanks for spending this time on the blog with me today. I'll see you here again next week. Until then . . . be well!
Topflight Products Used:
No comments:
Post a Comment