Thursday, July 13, 2017

Nautical Art Card & Tag using Joy Crafts

 Welcome to the Topflights Stamp blog.  We're sharing summer projects on the blog this week. We're also having a HUGE sale on all our Summer Stamps. Be sure to check it out!!


 Hello from the Topflight Blog. This week the DTeam are playing with summer or nautical theme. Karen Bearse here asking how are you inspired?  One way for me is browsing the web and looking at all the wonderful art that is being created. All of a sudden inspiration strikes. I decided to make an art card using postage stamps, paint & sewing based on my recent muses. 


I got to play with the Joy Crafts Seashore Icons set. I have to say I love how detailed these stamps are. Hot Tip: Use an archival ink the first time you stamp with clear stamps & don't clean the stamp after. It will help other inks stick to the stamp & create a clearer image. 


My 2nd project is a tag that was already in progress. I keep a tin of tags next to my desk that are partially worked on. This one was perfect to add some nautical images! 

I have a quick tutorial on my blog on how these tags were put together & some close up shots which you can find here. Thanks for joining me today! See you next Thursday.  

2 comments:

01 09 10