Wednesday, February 20, 2019

There's No Place Like Home


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today. I was so excited when these Visible Image Wizard of Oz stamps arrived in the shop. I am a huge WOZ fan--read all of the books, seen all of the movies, have the soundtracks even. Yeah. Total fan-girl. So, you will be seeing more WOZ projects from me in the future.  But, let's talk about this one where I'm using the Dorothy and Toto set.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1968/0877/products/VIS-OZD-01-OZ-Dorothy-And-Toto-stamp-set-Visible-Image_2400x.jpg?v=1548716006

I was struck by the Visible Image Time Tunnel stencil used for the background of the product photo. Total tornado, right?


But rather than sponging the Visible Image Time Tunnel stencil, I used it to trace the lines lightly in pencil so I could follow the spiral pattern for the sentiment. I first stamped the ruby slippers since you can't make it home without those, of course. I stamped the house a few times in Versafine Onyx Black so it would really pop.


I  colored up the Dorothy and Toto image using Copics. Note she is popped up on foam tape and an outline done in black beneath.

 

Finally, I added Clear Wink of Stella to her slippers and gold glitter washi as the yellow brick road.


Feel free to stop by my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, to see my other creations including some upcoming WOZ projects.  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Toni and the sparkly shoes and gold washi are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10