Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Happy Dancing


Hi, Topflighters!  Toni with you today!  I want to talk about crafter's block. We all have had it and, if not, please tell me your secret.  I had to admit I had a tough time deciding what I wanted to do with the Carabelle Studio Ladybugs Among the Stars


Cool, huh?  Didn't matter to my brain tho. I hemmed and hawed and experimented and finally decided to use it with red as a background. Once I determined that, the rest of the card came together in a snap.  Whew!



Ladybugs make me think of summer and stars make me think of the 4th of July, so I went with a red, white and blue palette. I used the Visible Image Meshing Around stencil to add some blue and a Tim Holtz stencil to add more red. 


I'm quite smitten with the results. Now the background as you can see is quite busy so I used the rather bold Visible Image Choose Happiness stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  Notice I used a white pigment to add stars and ladybug details to it?


I added one of the whimsical  Katzelkraft Aviator images as though he were dancing on the sentiment. I left him uncolored to draw more attention to him. He's so fun!

Katzelkraft Aviator


If you'd like to take a look at some of my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, or check me out on Instagram.  Have a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10