Monday, October 2, 2017

Its all about the background!

Welcome to Topflight Stamps Blog.  

As you are getting ready for National Card Making Day next Saturday, we are here to help. Every day for 5 days including today one of our FAVORITE Stamp brands will be on the 25% off Daily Deal Sale. Today the company is Carabelle Studio

Be sure to check back each day to see what brand will be featured each day. 



World Cardmaking Day Contest
On Saturday, October 7 we will post a link on our blog and we encourage all our customers to post cards that they have created with stamps from our store. You can link as many cards as you would like. The link up will be open Saturday, October 7 through Friday, October 13 at midnight EST. Our winners will be announced on the blog Sunday, October 15. 

PRIZES
1 - Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
4 - Mystery Bags Full of Stamps - retail value at least $30
5 - $10 gift certificates to the Topflight Stamps Store

Now to continue with our Craft Emotions/Studio Light Blog Spotlight Week. 

It's Clare with you today and I am sharing a recent make where I have used a fabulous background stamp to create the base of my card.


For this card I have used Studio Light's Background stamp #182


First of all using my Tim Holtz stamp press, I dabbed the stamp with a selection of pinks from the Distress Oxide range, spritzed the stamp, with water and stamped the watery pattern onto the card.  I dried the card and then moved the stamp up and across, ever so slightly, and stamped with black ink.  I love the crisp, fine detail of this stamp and the watery effect underneath really lifts it off the page.



I wanted a flower to go onto my card so using one of the blooms from Darkroom door's Fine Flowers Vol.2 I stamped onto some card that had  co-ordinating  colours with the background.




I wanted to keep a lot of the focus on the background so I added a die cut card ribbon and die cut sentiment.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Be sure to stop by the Topflight store and check for regular offers.  Remember there is a different designer on the blog every weekday so check back tomorrow for some more inspiration!

Happy Crafting,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10