Thursday, February 15, 2018

For Cat Lovers

Hi Topflight fans! Kristina CraftyPaws here today to share a card made with the crazy cute Duke's Gang stamp set by IndigoBlu.



I did a lot of masking as I stamped each adorable cartoony dog stamp over and over all the way around the card front. I wanted to make sure that I didn't stamp any one stamp next to or behind the same image, and toward the end it got a little dicey so I actually added some spots, extended the bodies, or doodled in more fur lines to some of them to make a few pups look a little more different.



I Copic colored all the pups in a rainbow of colors and when I was done, I was left with a open area right in the middle that was perfect for a sentiment. I borrowed the sentiment from a Simon Says Stamp "You Are Pawesome" stamp set and heat embossed that onto a strip of vellum. I wrapped the vellum strip around the whole width of the card front and secured it to the back. Then I tacked down the vellum with dabs of glue, which I covered with sequins and small metal confetti hearts. 



I wanted to add a little sparkle and interest to the base of the top folding card (I had cut the card front with all the pups down to 3 7/8" x 5 1/2"). So I used a scrap of patterned paper that had "LOVE THIS" written over and over that I glued to the bottom of the card base and then edged it with a bit of glittery washi tape. Then I finally popped on the card front backed with fun foam to add some dimension. 




Thanks for joining me today! If you're interested in any more details about this card, please check out my blog post HERE.

1 comment:

01 09 10