Tuesday, May 15, 2018

You're a Classic - With Darkroom Door

Hi everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog.  It's Jenny here, and today I have a fun card for you  showcasing an image from the Darkroom Door Classic Cars set.  It makes a great birthday card or Father's Day card which is coming up soon. 



The stamp set is super high quality red rubber, with three large, detailed images, and lots of co-ordinating sentiments.  A great one to up your stash for masculine projects!


To create my card, I first created the wall of the road 'tunnel'.  I trimmed a watercolor cardstock panel to A2 (4.25" x 5.5") and ink blended Distress Ink in Fired Brick all over it.  I then ran it through my die-cutting machine with a brick embossing folder from my stash. To create some more dimension between the bricks, I also used Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo which I gently blended over the top so that it only adhered to the raised areas.  To create the tunnel, I used a circle die and die cut it from the brick wall, and trimmed off the bottom 1.5". I then re-inked round all of the edges. 


On a card base, I adhered a panel of black cardstock, and a strip of dark grey cardstock along the bottom.  I then popped the brick tunnel up on the front with foam tape.  I added some hand trimmed gold glitter cardstock to look like the central road markings.

For the car, I stamped it in copic friendly ink, coloured it with a variety of grey and blue copics. I added clear Wink of Stella to the metal trim and headlights, and white gel pen for highlights, then trimmed it out and popped it up on foam tape in the centre.  I added Limoncello Nuvo Drops to the headlights to make them pop.   


The sentiment was stamped in embossing ink and embossed with white embossing powder, trimmed out and popped up on foam tape.  

I hope you like it! Any questions, please let me know, and you can find a full list of supplies over on my blog

Jenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10