Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Topflight Stamps - Carabelle Studio Rainbow Unicorn

Hi Everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog.  It's Jenny here, and today I'm showcasing a fabulous Unicorn stamp to create a fun and sparkly rainbow card.  



The stamp set I used is the Carabelle Studio My Beautiful Unicorn which I fell in love with when I saw it.  Isn't it cool?!



To create the card, I first created the background panel by ink blending Distress Oxide inks over a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock in a rainbow pattern.  I spritzed it with a Shimmer spray for added sparkle, and when dry, I stamped the stars from the set multiple times in a zig zag in Versamark embossing ink, which I heat set with gold embossing powder. 


I stamped the main Unicorn image onto another sheet of Bristol in waterproof black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  When dry, I colored it with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, and tried to recreate the rainbow look in the main panel.  I also added some white gel pen on the nose and eye, and Diamond Stickles on some of the parts of the mane for extra sparkle.  I cut the image out with my Scan N Cut and mounted it on foam tape onto the centre of the rainbow panel, and adhered the whole piece to a white card base. I decided to go without a sentiment so that the card can be used for lots of different occasions (or framed!)  My 2 year old loves it ! 

For more details on other supplies I used, please see my blog.


I hope you have a sparkly day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10