Monday, March 25, 2019

For the Love of Stamps | Simple Background Stamping

Hi everyone!  It's Jenny here and I have a fun card for you today which uses simple stamping to create a fun and monochromatic background with a tiny pop of dimension. 


My card was created using the For the Love of Stamps Tattoo Art stamp set. You can  do tonnes of funky designs with this using masking, but for this card I kept it simple.



I took a panel of white cardstock and stamped the large heart at random over the entire panel in red dye ink. I then stamped the largest star in black ink, filling in some of the gaps.   I used smaller and smaller images from the set, choosing different shades of grey and red until there was no space let on the panel.


I stamped the banner in black on a separate piece of cardstock and then used the Love You sentiment from the set to fill it in. I love how the tiny sentiments fit inside this banner!  I trimmed it out and then popped it up on foam tape at an angle over one of the hearts (I purposely didn't put it onto the centre of the card). 


I mounted the panel on a white card base and then for a little sparkle, I used Nuvo Glitter Drops in clear and red to fill in some of the small hearts at random.   It was fun to play with this set and it is SO versatile - masculine and feminine cards and so many possibilities!

Jenny

3 comments:

01 09 10