Monday, October 23, 2023

Warm Wishes

Hi   MEL PILLING  here today with some warm Christmas wishes featuring the fabulous Katzelkraft Stamps.



I stamped the lower cat first over a snowy hill mask so I only got his top half.  I coloured him with India ink markers being sure to still use the mask.   I drew a bath tub on clean Bristol card.  Then used pattern paper to create a pretty bath colour. Then I stamped some holly and added berries with liquid pearls. I masked off the tub and stamped the cat to only show him above the tub line. I coloured him the same as the first cat.  I then cut the whole thing out and glued it to more pattern paper for wall paper look. I  then used an oval die to cut the whole bath scene out to create a ‘thought bubble’. 


I masked off the lower cat with the hill mask and used a Stencil Brush in an upward motion to create some hills with  Elements Ink  in Blue Lagoon .  I repeat stamped for the tree with Distressed Inks in Chipped Sapphire and Mowed Lawn then moved it gently with a damp paintbrush.  I stamped the branch with Versafine Clair Acorn.  I added snow to the branch and lower cat using a white Posca paint pen.  The Holly was stamped in Distressed Ink in Chipped Sapphire and Mowed Lawn.  I drew a few bubbles up to the “ thought bubble“  to finish.

STAMPS USED












I really enjoy making these scenes with the katzelkraft cats. They make it so easy to come up with various card themes. Very versatile set.

Thanks for joining me today on the Topflight Stamps blog, happy card making!!

1 comment:

  1. Very clever, Mel! Using the patterns in the thought bubble makes his dream even more warm and exactly what most (for sure, me!) think about when we are out in the bitter cold of winter. That tub scene is so darling! This cat stamp is one of my favorites, as well! Do you have a kitty, too?

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10