Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Something Wicked

It's Tuesday, so you've got Kathi here to share a project with you. This week my teammates and I are making mixed media projects.  I've created my Halloween card with a 5" x 7" Gel Press, a 2" Speedball BrayeHaystackYellow Submarine, and Autumn Fire Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paints by PaperArtsyNocturne VersaFine Clair Ink by Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko, the Time Flies Stencil by Visible Image, and sentiments from the Raven Clear Stamp Set #49 by Olga Heldwein for AALL and Create.

Here it is!


I started the project by adding drops of Haystack Chalk Acrylic Paint by PaperArtsy to my 5" x 7" Gel Press, then spread thee paint to a thin layer with the 2" Speedball Brayer. A piece of patterned cardstock was placed facedown onto the gel press, the back was smoothed, and the print was pulled. This process was repeated with Yellow Submarine, and Autumn Fire Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paints until I was mostly happy with the blending and coverage. 

I'm a Virgo, so I heat set the print, though it was mostly dry as Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paints air dry super quickly. 

I taped the Time Flies Stencil by Visible Image to the print using low-tack tape. taking care to cover the "Time Flies" words and the small ravens with the tape. Nocturne VersaFine Clair Ink by Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko was sponged over the stencil onto the print. The panel was then heat set.

Nocturne VersaFine Clair Ink by Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko was used to stamp three of the sentiments from the Raven Clear Stamp Set #49 by Olga Heldwein for AALL and Create. Thes sentiments were heat set. I used my pouncy tool to add Nocturne VersaFine Clair Ink speckles to the image panel to add some grunge.

The image panel was slightly trimmed, then the edges were distressed with the edge of a pair of scissors. 

The image panel was mounted onto a 6.75" x 4.75" panel of black cardstock, then adhered to a 7" x 5" orange card.

Please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, for step-by-step instructions and complete supply lists. 

Topflight Stamps Products Used:












Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10