Monday, October 30, 2023

New Love - An Art Journal Page

 Hi  MEL PILLING    here today with this summer day art journal page featuring Lavinia Stamps




I began by sketching, a tree hole around two Lavinia owls, then the rest of the tree.  I coloured the tree with watercolours and shaded the hole with India ink pens.  I used a torn paper hill mask, and  Elements Ink  to create the backdrop in Lime Punch and Pine for the hills, Dark Denim    for the water.   All stamping was done using Versafine Clair Nocturne.

On clean Bristol card, I brushed water all over.  I then sprinkled with  Lavinia Dinkles in Chilli Jam  , Deep Yellow , Blue Dragon  and Pink . 



 Once completely dry,  I stamped the owls again on the Dinkles covered paper.  I added pencil crayons here and there to boost the Dinkles in areas where the colour was weak. I then fussy cut my owls out, (ignoring the curly details).  I glued these to the owls that I had previously stamped in the tree hole. That way the curly details all come back.  I highlighted the owls and water with a white gel pen, and added a sentiment. 

LAVINIA STAMPS USED








 


HOBBY ART STAMP USED




I think these Lavinia owls are so wonderful and have so much fabulous detail.  The Dinkles are so highly pigmented, you don’t need a lot to get this beautiful colour. 

Thanks for joining me today on the... Topflight Stamps blog. Happy crafting!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10