Monday, September 10, 2018

Art by Marlene - Chubby Chicks - Swimmer

Hi Everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!  It's Jenny here, and this week I've been having a little fun with one of the new Studio Light Art by Marlene stamps.   This is a great collection, and the 'chubby chicks' range is so much fun.  I couldn't resist adding a little 'wobble to my project today.



My card today uses the Swimmer stamp from the set.   It's super big so I created a 5 x 5 inch card.  


To create my card, I first created the background, using Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  I swiped them across a 5 x 5 square of cold press watercolor cardstock, choosing colors that looked like the sea against a sunset.  I used a waterbrush to blend them together, then let them dry.   I then stamped the image over the top of the background in black watercolor ink, and colored in the headdress with gold gel pen, and the starfish and fish in Zigs.


I stamped the image a second time on another piece of watercolor cardstock, and colored it in with my Zigs and a waterbrush.  I also used some Sakura green glitter gel pen on the bikini.   When dry, I trimmed it out, and then edged round the outside with a black marker.   Before adhering it down, I added some more water and blue Zig to the water, to get clear water marks where the ripples are.  I also swiped the blue zig across the lady's legs as if they were in the water.    




I adhered a mini action wobbler to the back of the lady and then adhered her to the card panel, directly over the background stamped image .  When you flick it, it looks like she's shaking in the water !!  I couldn't resist.

I hope you like it, you can see more details on the supplies I used for this over on my blog.  Have a fun day!!

Jenny x

1 comment:

01 09 10