Monday, September 17, 2018

Creating Embellishments with Rita Barakat Embossing Powder

Hi Everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!  It's Jenny here, and this week the team have been playing with the absolutely gorgeous Rita Barakat embossing powders from Emerald Creek.  

These embossing powders come in some beautiful colors, and some have some gorgeous glitter and sparkle.  They're slightly chunkier than normal embossing powder and absolutely perfect for using on die cuts or chip board to create embellishments, which is part of the focus of my project today. 


The embossing powders I used today are Kiss of the Fairy and Mermaid Fin. Both have gorgeous shimmer and the Mermaid Fin has pretty blue glitter.



I also used this gorgeous Paper Rose Mandala stamp.  I inked it up with Versamark embossing ink and heat embossed with Kiss of the Fairy powder onto a bright blue shimmer cardstock (by Tonic Studios).  The embossing powder is opaque and turns a beautiful purple.  


I die cut a Hello die, also by Paper Rose, from black cardstock. I then coated it completely with Versamark ink, covered it with Mermaid Fin embossing powder and heat embossed. 


I repeated this three more times to build up the embossing powder, until I had a sparkly Hello embellishment, which I then adhered with liquid glue to the centre of the mandala.


As a finishing touch, I heat embossed a sentiment from Visible Image Go To Words set, in white embossing powder on black cardstock. I fussy cut it out and popped it up on foam squares underneath the Hello. 

Hope you like it! I'm a huge fan of these powders, I need them all !!

Jenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10