Monday, November 12, 2018

Crafty Individuals Holly Bird and Alcohol Inks

Hi everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!!  It's Jenny here, and I don't know about you but I'm starting to get thaT holiday feeling.  Thanksgiving is around the corner for those of us in the USA, and soon before we know it will be Christmas.  With that being said,  I've got a festive card for you today.



The stamp I'm using is a great bold print stamp from Crafty Individuals 'Christmas Holly Bird'.  I loved how different it was.

I created my card today using an alcohol ink and foiled background panel I'd had for a while.  It was created using Yupo paper, and purple, grey, turquoise and pink alcohol inks, spritzed with blender.  I took the panel first stamped the image in black Stazon ink directly into the centre.  I then die cut a circle, leaving the edges of the pattern on the main background itself.


Without cleaning my stamp, I inked it again with Versamark embossing ink and stamped it directly onto white cardstock.  This creates a pale grey impression.  I heat embossed in clear and then blended purple (dark and light) ink over the top of the image, fading out towards the top. I adhered it behind the alcohol ink panel using foam tape for dimension, aligning up the image with the darker pattern on the ink background. 


I backed the panel onto a white card base and colored the bird in pink shimmer pen.  As a final touch I added a few Nuvo Crystal drops into the border of the stamp. 

Unusual Christmas colors for an unusual stamp! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10