Thursday, January 18, 2018

How to Make a Scene Card with Joy Crafts

Welcome to the Topflight blog! It's CraftyPaws here, and I'm sharing a custom scene card that I created for a friend who loves her two Pugs and Chihuahua. I used the Joy Crafts Love Dogs and Home Sweet Home (retired) stamp sets.


To create this single layer scene card, I first stamped the adorable pug couple from the Joy Crafts Love Dogs and then created masks for them with post-it note paper to stamp out the sofa and the arm chair behind them. Then I created masks for the sofa and arm chair so I could stamp out the fireplace, sofa table (it's actually a bistro table but I only used the top and placed it behind the sofa) and the floor lamps. Lastly, I created a mask for the lamp and stamped out the bookshelf behind it. Because the bookshelf was narrower than the width that I needed, I doodled in some extensions to the shelves, a plant, some books, and a frame around the whole unit. I also added a napping dog from an Art Impressions stamp set to represent my friend's 3rd dog. :) 


To color up the whole scene, I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers with a water brush and then added in finer coloring details with some Prismacolor color pencils.


If you'd like more details on the products I used or a video tutorial on creating a scene card, please check out my blog HERE. Thanks for stopping by and joining me today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10