Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Dream Your Life in Color - Carabelle Studio

Hi Everyone, 

Welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog, it's Jenny here.  Today I'm bringing you a floral no-line watercolor technique  card created with Carabelle Studio's The Exotiks stamp.   I love the no-line technique (stamping in a light colour and then going over the line with your media so that the line can no longer be seen) as it makes it look like I drew the image myself (and I can't draw for toffee!!)

To create my card, I multi-stamped the main image three times on a panel of cold press watercolor paper using my MISTI and Antique Linen Distress Ink which is great for no line coloring. 



I love this set and it's so fun to colour so I had to break it out again!  It comes with some nice sentiments too!


I watercolored the image using Daniel Smith watercolors.  The leaves were coloured using Sap Green (and Burnt Sienna for the veins), the flowers in Quinacridone Violet and the background in Payne's Blue Grey.  I also added some black ink spatters. 

I trimmed down the image to fit on an A2 size card and adhered it to a card base using double sided tape.  For the sentiment, I stamped on a scrap of grey cardstock in Versafine Onyx black, die cut it out with a stitched rectangle and popped it up on foam tape.


As a finishing touch, I added clear Nuvo Drops scattered around the florals and golden glitter drops to the centres of the florals for some subtle shimmer. 

Hope you liked it!!

Jenny 

1 comment:

01 09 10