Friday, January 5, 2018

Follow Your Heart......

Welcome to the Topflight Stamps Blog!


We are welcoming Barbara to our design team. Here's a little about Barbara. 

Hi, I’m Barbara from just outside of the world heritage city of Bath, UK. I live with my partner Alan and German Shepherd, Finn......happily, our family live very close by
I’ve always loved crafting, and have done most different crafts, but cardmaking is my favourite. I don’t have a particular style, but do lean towards stamping and using bright colours of inks, paints, chalks etc. However, I’m just as happy doing ‘clean & simple’ . I’m really looking forward to joining the rest of the Topflight Stamps DT and sharing my creations.

 


Hi everyone, Barbara here with my very first post for 
 I'm very happy to be part of the design team, and look forward to sharing my creations with you.
 I live in a tiny town in the South West of the UK, just outside of the World Heritage City of Bath.
I don't have a particular style of cardmaking, but seem to lean towards throwing lots of bright inks, paint and chalks at most of my work......although I do still LOVE 'clean & simple' with a little bit of mixed media thrown in 😉
Anyway, enough waffle.... my first creation started with a piece of watercolour card stock which I inked with 5 colours of Distress Oxides. 
Using a set of fabulous stamps from Carabelle Studio called 'Follow Your Heart' 


Follow Your Heart
I stamped the main image onto the card, then again onto an inky scrap. After cutting out the second image, I stuck a bit of muslin underneath then adhered the image on top. 
A few bits of background stamping, a little sentiment from the same set of stamps and I was finished.
Hope you like it......I'll be back next week with another post, but until then, happy crafting.
Barbara.

The products I used are listed below.....
Carabelle Studio, 'Follow your Heart' stamps.
Distress Oxides....
Picked Raspberry, 
Wilted Violet, 
Fossilized Amber, 
Peacock Feathers 
and 
Citron.


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10