Monday, July 23, 2018

Katzelkraft | Masked Watercolor Coffee Card

Hi Everyone and Welcome to the Topflight Stamps Blog! It's Jenny here, joining you with this watercolor card that I created using some fun stamps from Katzelkraft.  

I used the 5'O Clock and Darkside sets (I love the quotes in this set).


These stamps are super detailed red rubber.  They come unmounted, and Topflight Stamps carries EZ Mount to adhere to the stamps for use.  It's really easy to do. 


Katzelkraft create some amazing stamps and their whole range is definitely worth checking out, especially if you love coloring!


To create my card, I used a panel of coldpress watercolor cardstock trimmed to 4.25" x 5.5".  I stamped the cup image first in waterproof black ink.  I then masked it off with masking paper.  I stamped the pastry stack, masked that off, and then stamped the macaron trio.  I also stamped a single macaron on a separate piece of card so I could trim it out later.  I added the Darkside sentiment in the corner, and the tea heat lines in a brown ink.

I colored the image with Daniel Smith watercolors, laying down water first then adding the colors, letting them blend out, then layering more color on top for shadow.   I added some pale grey pink around the background, and also some black spatters once it had dried.


I adhered the panel onto a white card base.  I then trimmed out the single macaron and popped it up on foam tape at the front.   I added some Sugar Stickles onto the the macarons and the cake and Clear Wink of Stella onto the macarons for some sparkle.  I also added some gold gel pen to the cup and added a layer of glossy accents to the tea for a little dimension.   I always like to add a few accents like this when I've watercolored a card.

So that's it - hope you like it!  You can find more details on the supplies I used over on my blog.  

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I've featured it over on the Coffee Loving Papercrafts FB group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card and love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10