Monday, July 30, 2018

Seth Apter and Lavinia Stamps | Trapped in Amber Art Panel

Hi Everyone and Welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog.  It's Jenny here, I have used some of the new range of embossing powder by Seth Apter and a stamp by Lavinia to create another small art panel.


The embossing powder I used is the Ancient Amber powder by Seth Apter.  It gave me the idea to create an art panel with an 'object' trapped in amber.  



I used the Feather stamp by Lavinia which is beautifully delicate and detailed.


I stamped the Feather image in a clear embossing ink (I used Versamark) onto thick white cardstock and heat embossed it in Antique Gold embossing powder.  


When cool, I trimmed it out, and adhered it with a hot glue gun onto a white panel of cardstock.  You could also adhere it directly to the canvas board (I'd recommend that).


I then coated the entire panel with embossing ink and added the Amber embossing powder.  I did many layers to get a very thick coating almost level with the feather itself.  I then adhered the panel to a canvas board and coated the edges with embossing ink again and added the antique gold embossing powder.  After several coats and heatings you'll notice the embossing powder starts to blend with the amber.  It gives a fab look.  As a finishing touch, I added a few layers of clear embossing powder.

I hope you like it!!  This is a fun project and I'm definitely going to be trying something similar again soon!  You can find more details on the supplies I used over on my blog.  Have an awesome day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my this is just amazing. Your creativity is astounding Jenny! Another piece of true art. I just adore your work and absolutely love how you always go that extra step in your crafting projects! Top Flight Stamps is so lucky to have you on their team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowza. That is so very cool. And what a great use of the Ancient Amber.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10