Monday, October 22, 2018

Paper Piecing For The Love of Stamps

HI everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog! It's Jenny here, and today I have a card project that uses Studio Light patterned paper and For the Love of Stamps images together using a paper piecing technique. 



The stamp set I'm using is Just My Cup of Tea which as a Brit living in the US, I LOVE.   I still import my tea when coffee just doesn't cut it :) It has some beautiful sentiments, and while I didn't use them today, some super pretty florals and foliage.

I stamped the tea cup and teapot onto co-ordinating paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink.  The paper I'm using is by Studio Light - Orange, Red, Brown, Ivory, Gold - really gorgeous autumnal / fall colors. 


I trimmed out the images and shaded them with coordinating Distress inks (Fired Brick on the teapot and Fossilized Amber / Vintage Photo on the teapot) to add some dimension.   

I selected another paper which I die-cut with a stitched rectangle die and spattered it with brown Lindy's Starburst spray and adhered to a kraft card base.  I then outlined the images with a black marker, and adhered the teapot to the panel with liquid adhesive. 


Before adhering the teacup, I stamped the sentiment with Rose Gold embossing powder directly onto the teapot.  I then popped the tea cup in front with foam tape and that finished the card!

Check out the whole range of Studio Light papers - they're super pretty!!

Jenny

4 comments:

01 09 10