Monday, April 22, 2019

Paper Rose | Beautiful Day Watercolor

Hi everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!  


It's Jenny here, and I am using Paper Rose's gorgeous Beautiful Day stamp.   This is a large image with large open areas and just perfect for watercoloring, so that's just what I did! 


I stamped the image in embossing ink onto cold press watercolor cardstock.  I then heat embossed it in gold embossing powder (which makes it easier to watecolor, as the embossing powder creates little wells for the paint).   


I used Daniel Smith watercolors to paint it, with Greengold and Quinacridone Rose for all of the leaves (I thought these looked a lot like succulents), and a hint of Azo Yello and Sepia on the small florals.    I finished with an incredibly light wash of Cobalt Blue around the edge for sky.  Just for a little more contrast I used a brown pencil to add in some shading.


I trimmed out the image and backed it onto a white notecard with craft foam.   The Many Thanks sentiment was heat embossed in gold on black cardstock and popped up on foam tape.  A few sparkling clear sequins finished my card.

I think next time I'll be using this image as flowers instead of succulents.  Super versatile!  

Have a wonderful day all!


Jenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10