Monday, April 15, 2019

Crafty Individuals | Clean and Simple Mixed Media with Jenny

Hi everyone, Jenny here,  and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!  Today I have a card that has a lot of mixed media elements,  but is still clean and simple!


I'm using the Crafty Individuals Butterfly Bouquet stamp for this card.  It has a mixed media feel,  so I decided to heat emboss it over a watercolor background. 

To create my card, I first took a panel of watercolor cardstock and dipped it into Distress Oxides in Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade that I had smushed onto my craft mat and spritzed with water.  I dried it, then redunked - repeat three times and you get a soft and pretty watercolor layered look.  


I then stamped the Butterfly Bouquet several times along the base and up the side of the card in embossing ink and heat embossed in Vanilla White embossing powder.   I then die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die.
To add another layer of media on top, I used the Alexandra Renke Butterfly Pattern stencil, which I laid over the top and added iridescent glitter paste over top in the centre.


To finish my card,  I popped up the panel on foam onto a white notecard.  I then die cut the Paper Rose Happy Birthday sentiment from white and silver mirror card stock and added it directly into the centre of the panel.  


A few sequins finished the card!




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10