Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Relax!

Greetings! It's Tuesday, which means that it's Kathi here to share a project with you. This week my teammates and I are showcasing Katzelkraft's fabulously wonderful and whimsical stamps. I'll freely admit that I had a hard time choosing which set to use, but finally decided to use three sets and a singleton. I've used the monkey from the Jungle Animals Unmounted Red Rubber Stamp Set. He's relaxing on the sofa from the Living Room Unmounted Red Rubber Stamp Set and looking at the Parrot Unmounted Red Rubber Stamp who is perched on the lamp from the living room set.

Here's my card.


I started the card by creating a background by randomly brayering SpringGuacamole, and Beach Hut Fresco Chalk Paints onto Mixed Media cardstock. 

I knew that I wanted to a jungle leaf background but I wanted it to be a bit textured, so placed the Elegance Stencil by Lavinia Stamps over the background, taped it in place, placed blank cardstock over the stencil, placed it on the Big Shot platform, placed both plates over top, and ran it through the machine several times, which yielded a slightly raised pattern. Rainforest Green Prism Ink was brushed over the stencil.

The  monkey from the Jungle Animals Unmounted Red Rubber Stamp Set, the sofa and light from the Living Room Unmounted Red Rubber Stamp Set, and Parrot were stamped onto white cardstock, fussy-cut, colored with Copic markers, and edged with dark markers. 

HaystackYellow Submarine, and Zesty Zing Fresco Chalk Paints were randomly brayered onto Mixed Media cardstock to create the background for the sentiment panel. Onyx Black VersaFine Ink was used to stamp the sentiment, which was framed with a wood-grain frame die-cut that had been sponged with Roasted Coffee Prism Ink.

Wood-grained Washi Tape from my stash was adhered to the bottom of the image panel, which was trimmed, then edged with Roasted Coffee Prism Ink. All the elements were adhered to the image panel, which was mounted on a brown A7 card.

If you'd like to learn more about my project, I've got a mini-tutorial with additional photos on my blog, Kath's Tales of Stamping.

Topflight Stamps Products Used:



























Thanks for visiting today. See you next Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10