Monday, February 8, 2021

Mixed Media Valentine Card with Hobby Art Stamps & Embossing

 


Happy Monday friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a little mixed media Valentine project.  This week our design team is showcasing the Hobby Art, Ltd. brand and, of course, I chose the grungiest of stamp sets I could find.  Ha ha!  I love the Words stamp set because it is so versatile, and can be used for cardmaking, journaling and mixed media.  Today I'm using it to create a somewhat masculine card for my hubby.

I wanted to try out the new Campfire Distress Ink pad and was surprised that it was much more orange than I thought, so I did some ink dipping using Prism watercolor paper with Campfire, Fired Brick and Gathered Twigs to tone down the orangeness.  I stamped the script and Love words onto my inky panels with Versamark ink and embossed in Ranger's Mixed Media Hammered powder, then went over the edges in Fire.

To finish off the design, I added a little glue stick/foiling and embossed a couple of die cuts.  The Flourish die was embossed in Fire, then a little Scarlet Mixed Media powder along the edges.  I embossed the Heartfelt die in Hammered, then stamped the script stamp into the hot embossing to add some texture.  I hope you will check out this amazing stamp set and the entire Hobby Art, Ltd. brand at TopflightStamps.com today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10