Monday, August 19, 2019

Mix Media Monday with Hunkydory at Topflight Stamps

Happy Mix Media Monday, Karen Bearse here with a whimsical, fun art journal page. I have a full tutorial with step-out pics on my blog. This week the team are playing with Dots to Diamonds by HunkyDory. They have paper pads with images that have spots for you to put the bling- kinda like a paint by number, only you choose the color!


Here is my page, after adding my bling to the butterfly, I choose to make a watercolor painted background, with some stamping.

This is Paper Pad 1 which I choose a butterfly sheet out of. The pack comes with 12 designs- 4 sheets of each.There are fun dandelions, whimsical leaves, a celestial sky & lots more options.

This is how my project started out, to give you an idea of how the sheet looks. I simply stamped that cute owl from the PaperArtsy set- Zinski Art 41in an archival ink & created my page.



I used a watercolor set like this one by Art By Marlene- to make my background.

I used the Diamond Sparkle Precious Pearls in Vintage Brown for the wings & Brilliant Blue Gemstones for the body.  I have to say I had a lot of fun playing with the bling. It was very relaxing just adding the sparkles. I hope you have a chance to get blingy today!! Thanks for joining me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10