Monday, August 24, 2020

AALL & Create Hexagon Stems Gel Printed Card


Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a mixed media card made from gel prints.  I shared a video tutorial in THIS post if you need a refresher.  For this card I used some of the off prints I made on vintage French book pages and a few of the main prints.  I wanted to make a dimensional flower from the Hexagon Stems stamp.  I stamped it twice onto a couple of my prints.  I cut the center petals apart to build dimension and embossed the top flower with clear powder to strengthen the book page.  I added bakers twine as a stem.  


I wanted to add some petals to weigh down the string stem, so I folded extra book page in half and cut stems free handed.  I drew around the front and backs, then used tape to attach around the string.


For framing I doodled along the corners.  I layered a bit of vintage trim over my layers atop embossed flowers from an older AALL & Create stamp set.  A sentiment from one of Olga's set, die cut from another print, finishes it off.  I hope this card has inspired you to play with your gel prints and stamps today!


Find these AALL & Create Stamps



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10