Monday, August 10, 2020

AALL & Create Tracy Evans Hare Tissue Stamping Technique

 

Happy Monday!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a fun mixed media technique turned encouragement card.  I am absolutely in love with Tracy Evans' new Hare stamp!  I really wanted to use him repeatedly on the same project and the more I thought about it, the more I decided I wanted to use the tissue paper stamping technique so I could point him in different directions.

I simply stamped three rabbits onto tissue paper (the kind for gift wrap) in permanent black ink over a piece of scrap paper (to absorb any excess ink).  I dried with my heat tool.  Then I painted two images on reverse side with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics over my glass mat (because the tissue would stick to paper) and the third image on the front side.  The colors I used were CaramelNougatSlate and Blush.  Once the painted images were dried, I outlined them with water on a brush so I could tear away the excess tissue paper.  Then I used ModPodge to adhere them to a gel printed panel.  This close up details shows how well the tissue "melts" into the background.  It is a great way to layer images without masking.  Finally, I added some gold embossing with the Roundly stamp and watery drips of more Blush Frescos.  The sentiment is a sticker.

I hope this post has given you some fresh ideas and made you want to play!  Visit Topflight Stamps today to see all of the new AALL & Create stamps!  Hugs, Autumn

6 comments:

  1. great technique! love the layers =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Autumn, tissue is so useful! I adore Tracy's hare! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too Lucy and yes, I'm a tissue hoarder! ROTFL!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful art, and wonderful idea, Autumn, thank you so much - <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorthe, you are so sweet to always leave encouragement for me, thank you!

      Delete

01 09 10