Monday, January 7, 2019

Topflight Stamps | Crafty Individuals | Clean & Simple Ombre Stamping

Hi Everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog!  It's Jenny here and I'm joining you today with a clean and simple card featuring a technique I've tried in the past and never managed to get right - ombre stamping.



I saw Catherine Pooler do this on a video this week and wanted to try it with these awesome stamps by Crafty Individuals called Delicately Detailed Hearts.



I've created a quick video showing you how I created the card which you can here:


To create the card, I first mounted the stamps onto EZMount (which you can get from Topflight Stamps) and cut the images apart.  These stamps are unmounted red rubber - but they are so detailed it's worth the extra prep effort.  I stamped the first of the large hearts using pink and yellow inks.


The trick is to go back and forth, up and down from the top to about two thirds of the way down the image with the first color, then repeat the motion from the bottom up about two thirds of the way with the second color.  I then go back in again and repeat the first step.  Where they meet they create a new color, and it looks more blended than I've been able to get in the past.


I stamped the two large hearts and one of the smaller hearts three times on my panel of cardstock in the same way, then mounted it onto a white card base.  The sentiment is from For The Love of Stamps Tattoo Art which has a wonderful sentiment perfect for any stamped card (because we use ink!!). 


I stamped it in Versafine Onyx Black ink directly onto the panel, and then finished with a few pink and iridescent sequins.  I hope you are inspired - you can choose so many colour combos for this technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10