Monday, January 21, 2019

Overstamping Embossing Powder

Hi everyone and welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog.  It's Jenny here and today I'm joining you with a love themed card that uses some of my favorite brands from Topflight to create a monochromatic clean and simple look, featuring embossing powder overstamping.  



To create my card, I first stamped the Darkroom Door Love Word Block stamp onto white cardstock with embossing ink.  




I then heat embossed in Emerald Creek Rita Barakat Kiss of the Fairy embossing powder.  It's chunky so it really brings out the big sentiment letters well.  




I then die cut the stamp with a stitched rectangle die just slightly smaller than the image.  I also used the same die to cut some pink craft foam.  I love this foam - it's about 1/8" thick so you get some good dimension and it really lets the color of the foam peep out if you want it to. It's also self adhesive.  I adhered the panel onto a white card base.



I popped the entire card into my MISTI and arranged several of the butterflies from For the Love of Stamps Flutterby Wishes onto the embossed panel.  
I then picked them up with the MISTI door and stamped twice in black ink. The inked images overlay the cardstock between the embossing and while the embossing resists a little, with this black ink, it actually colors the EP a little. Even if it fully resists, your eyes will subconsciously fill in the gaps in the image!



My sentiment is by Studio Light (which comes in a set of three) die cut from gold mirror cardstock.  



I also die cut it again from the same pink fun foam and glued it together with liquid glue and then added it to the card.  As a finishing touch, I added some Catherine Pooler Inspiration Point sequins and a few dots of Nuvo Aztec Gold Glitter Accents to tie in the gold die cut.

I hope you'll give this overstamping technique a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10